Thursday, July 2, 2009

So Here I Go!


It's official! My first book is in print, thanks to a talented group of people at Chicago Review Press.

Isaac Newton & Physics for Kids hit the bookstores during the past month. It's geared at readers ages 9-12, though I dare say that some older readers will draw new information from it, too.

There are 21 activities designed to introduce my readers to Newton's science -- including his First, Second, and Third Laws of Motion. (OK...now do you remember them?) And there are other kinds of activities, as well.

"Back in the day," Isaac Newton wasn't known as a scientist -- that word didn't come into use until after he died. Newton was a "natural philosopher" and studied astronomy, physics, and chemistry (as well as some very hidden stuff, but you'll have to read the book to find out more about that.) So...my book has activities that show how to mimic the phases of the moon, calculate your latitude, build a crystal garden, and more.

Not to mention that you can also bake an apple pie in a coffin. Really.

Newton was bizarre and brilliant. I'd like to hear what you think about him.

Let's get the conversation going!

No comments:

Post a Comment